Endless Musings

This blog contains the random thoughts, feelings, and observations of a slightly "left of normal" young woman.

Friday, May 27, 2005

A Long Time Coming

Wow, when I started this blog I never imagined I'd go this long without writing in it. I'm not going to into all the reasons why it's been so long. That would be a pretty boring story, for the most part.
My mother completed her cancer treatments and now it's just a matter of regular checkups to make sure that it didn't manage to spread. My friend, Tom, has also finished his cancer treatments. He'll also have to continue to have regular checkups. But, both of them seem pretty healthy at this point.
My friend, Diana, recently lost her mother. She was in her 90's and had been in ill-health for quite awhile. Diana has been (and continues) to carry some pretty heavy crosses. She's been dealing with her mother for several years. She has one son who recently had surgery and needed her help while recovering. Her other son was in a car accident a few years ago, which left him both physically and mentally disabled. She's been taking care of all these family memebers, while working a full-time job. She's also Tom's "old lady" so she's been taking care of him as well. Through it all, she's maintained a great attitude. I've never once heard her complain or lament about her burdens.
I'm typing this right now at my friend, Ed's house. He recently moved in with his friend, Dave. They were roomates when I first met them, about 15 years ago. Ed recently seperated from his wife. So, now he's back with Dave. Cranking the tunes at two in the morning while poor "old-man" Dave tries to sleeps in the next room. Ah, just like the good old days!
My garden has been growing very nicely. I planted day lillies, morning glories, 4'0 clocks, and cumbercumbers. As well as a couples hanging plants, the name of which I can't remeber at the moment. I was bold enough to plant at the end of April. Needless to say, I had to bring the plants into my apartment more than once to avoid everything dying from a freeze.
Well, I've rambled on enoung for now. I think it's time we sparked up another joy stick!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


VELVET REVOLUTION -- Home of The New American Patriot!

Terror Alert Level