Endless Musings

This blog contains the random thoughts, feelings, and observations of a slightly "left of normal" young woman.

Friday, February 04, 2005

TGIF

I'm so glad it's finally Friday. This week has been one of the longest and most exhausting weeks I've ever lived thru.
My mother is doing much better. She still has a ways to go before she's going to be 100%. One of her biggest problems right now is trying to balance the pain medication so that she can function. If she doesn't take enough the pain is so bad that she can't eat, drink, or talk. If she takes too much pain medication then she gets nauseated. She went back to work on Wednesday and she's been very exhausted ever since.
I've been taking the medication for my bile problem. I think it's starting to work. The doctor told me that it could take a week or two before it totally takes effect.
This week I've been having trouble sleeping. I'm so tired all the time that I would think I should have no trouble falling asleep at the end of the day. I have to fight with myself to stay alert and get my nightime chores done and get myself ready and into bed (otherwise I end up sleeping on the sofa with nothing done.) Then by the time I get all ready for bed, I'm tired and wired.
Last night was the worst night this week. One of my cats, Guienevere, has figured out how to open the closed door between the living room and the bedroom. The way she accomplishes this is by pushing and pulling on the bottom part of the door until it opens. When she does this it makes a loud banging sound. She decided to do this last night just as I was about to fall asleep. Since I was startled back awake I couldn't just roll over and fall back asleep. So, I got up had a drink of water and tried to go back to sleep.
Just as I was ready to dift off again my neighbor upstairs either dropped something or something fell. At any rate, there was another loud bang (this time coming from over my head.) Being startled again, it took me even longer to relax and start to fall asleep.
The dreams I had last night were the kind that are so realistic that I can't tell at the time if I'm asleep and dreaming or wide awake. Those kind of dreams didn't help.
I feel like I only had two hours of sleep last night. I know that I must have actually had more or I probably wouldn't be able to function at all.
I haven't started working out yet. I know I said that I would in my last post. I've made the commitment to myself that I will go to the health club either tomorrow or Sunday for at least an hour. Even if all I do is swim a few laps in the pool it's better than sitting on my butt all weekend.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Staci said…

    I am glad to see your mother is doing better. One day at a time, right?:)

    As for losing weight, I was put in the position I had to due to health reasons. Not that I was morbidly obese, but my weight did affect my diabetes. I found that if I thought about exercising too much, I did not do it. Instead, I put on my shoes and just went outside and walked, just until I got tired then I came back. Starting out slow helped me because thinking about a gym and my final goal was overwhelming and made me not even try. Maybe that will help you. Just my two cents.

    Good luck.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Scott said…

    Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

    My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a diabetes sugar symptom related site focusing on diabetes sugar symptom and mens health related topics.

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hello, I like to contact you! My name is jessgirl,
    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about american diabetes association I have found your site.
    I was looking out for american diabetes association related information. Sorry, I have see that your TGIF isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hello, I like to contact you! My name is jessgirl,
    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about juvenile diabete I have found your site.
    I was looking out for juvenile diabete related information. Sorry, I have see that your TGIF isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hello, my name is jessgirl,
    I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION aboutdiabetes mellitus and found your site.
    I was looking out for diabetes mellitus related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
    Sorry, I have see that your TGIF wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Legal and Finance Consulting said…

    Hello, I like to contact you! My name is jessgirl,
    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about diabetes treatment I have found your site.
    I was looking out for diabetes treatment related information. Sorry, I have see that your TGIF isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hi, I am jessgirl, and like to contact you!

    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about gestational diabetes I have found your site.
    Of course, I was looking out for gestational diabetes related information and I have found your TGIF. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hi there jessgirl, I AM OUT SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON diabetes supply and found your site.
    Although TGIF wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see row why I found your page when I was looking for diabetes supply related information, and I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.

    Fritz

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Exercise will greatly benefit an individual with type II diabetes because of its positive effects on insulin sensitivity diabetes and exercise

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


VELVET REVOLUTION -- Home of The New American Patriot!

Terror Alert Level