Endless Musings

This blog contains the random thoughts, feelings, and observations of a slightly "left of normal" young woman.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Wild Weather

Yesterday was a rather unusal day weatherwise. We had temps in the 60's and at night we actually had some pretty impressive thunderstorms roll through. It felt like it was the middle of spring not the middle of the winter. Today, on the other hand, is completely different.
Not only was there snow coming down in droves this morning, but it's only 32 and it's supposed to drop down to the single digits tonight. YUCK! I don't really mind the snow. Its actaully kind of pretty when its freshly fallen. The only time I cringe at snow coming down is when I have to drive any great distance in heavy traffic surrounded by morons who can't figure out how to drive in snow. The bitter cold, on the other hand, is probably my least favorite thing about living in this part of the country.
I lived in the Pacific Northwest for two years when I was a kid. The weather there was not as nice as it is in places like Florida, but it was not nearly as extreme as it is here. I used to tell my friends back here in Chicago that they have 2 seasons in the PNW; the rainy season and July. The difference between the two is that in July it only rains every other day. Now, all the rain got on my nerves; but I did enjoy the fact that the the temperature never dropped below zero in the winter and it didn't boil the asphalt in the summer.
Oh well, I'm rambling about the weather. How boring! Well, at least we don't have to worry about mudslides like those poor people in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


VELVET REVOLUTION -- Home of The New American Patriot!

Terror Alert Level