Endless Musings

This blog contains the random thoughts, feelings, and observations of a slightly "left of normal" young woman.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Update on my Mother

We found out today that they're going to have to put a feeding tube in Mom. Her mouth and throat are so badly swollen that she can't eat or drink any more. She has already lost over 25 pounds. She's also a diabetic, so she really has to be able to get food in her.
The doctor had first suggested the feeding tube a while back, but Mom was naturally resistant to the idea.
She's going to have the tube put in on Monday. The doctor says that she'll probably have to keep it in for at least two weeks. Needless to say, she is not looking foward to it. She knows that she doesn't really have a choice.
This is the third time Mom's battled cancer. The first two times it was breast cancer. She says that this battle is the worst one. She told me that her 2nd battle with breast cancer (when she had a mastectomy)wasn't as bad as what she's going through now.
Hopefully, once she gets the feeding tube she can regain her strength and will heal quickly.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Staci said…

    My Uncle, whom I cared for at his home, had a similar situation where he could no longer eat or drink because his swallowing mechanism would not work anymore. He had a feeding tube put in, and my mother and I fed him through it. It did work well and kept his strength up and he even gained a bit of weight.

    I am glad your mother is agreeing to this procedure. I am sure in the end, she will feel so much better and stronger with nourishment coming into her body. I just bet she is just terribly exhausted and frightened right now; just the constant pain itself has to be overwhelming, so the thought of "gah, not another procedure" entered her mind.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and thank you for your kind words on my post about my son. You are correct, he is a bright and wonderful boy.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!
    [url=http://zutronte.com/epiw/resn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bnucvxkt.com/aqil/hxpl.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    http://zutronte.com/epiw/resn.html | http://pjyeudaa.com/fzoq/lwzg.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


VELVET REVOLUTION -- Home of The New American Patriot!

Terror Alert Level