Endless Musings

This blog contains the random thoughts, feelings, and observations of a slightly "left of normal" young woman.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Let it Snow

Well, needless to say, I didn't make it out to my friend's house tonight. We did get at least a foot of snow. Also, the wind has picked up and the snow that has been plowed is blowing right back onto the road. Plus, they've just issued another winter storm warning until 4AM. I guess we might get even more snow later.
I wasn't so worried about my own ablities to drive in these conditions, but my confidence in other drivers on the road isn't that great.
Today was a pretty quite one, but I did manage to get a lot done around the apartment. I also got to spend some quaility time with my parents.
I've always had a close relationship with both my parents. My mother and I have always had a very close relationship. Now that my mother is fighting cancer again it has become all the more important to me to spend time with her.
My parents and I went to their church earlier tonight. It was a very small turn out. Litterally only eight people (counting my parents and I) in the pews. However, the pastor still came through with an thought-provoking sermon. He asked us in the beginning of the sermon to consider what life must be like for the citizens of Iraq right now. Later in the sermon he asked us to consider what it must be like for our men and women in uniform in Iraq, who must be wondering why they are really there.
He didn't try to answer those questions directly. He did mention that we must have faith the God will eventually intervene and bring peace to all. I hope that he is correct about that last part. I do believe that the issues the pastor brought up are things that we all need to ponder.
Well, it's late. I am going to watch a movie with my parents (no, I don't live with them, but very close.) I hope everybody out there is warm and safe. Peace.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs » Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


VELVET REVOLUTION -- Home of The New American Patriot!

Terror Alert Level